Below is the Monday morning update from Kenty County's Office of Emergency Services. Students on campus are to shelter in place until this storm passes. Public Safety Officers are on duty and will respond to emergency calls:
Our latest briefing with the NWS and MEMA has given us the following
- 50 mph winds have been recorded at the Kent Narrows Bridge.
- The Bay Bridge is predicted to close by noon today.
- Landfall for the storm is expected to by 6 pm tonight in the State of New Jersey.
- High Wind Warning remains in effect until 9 am Tuesday
- Flood Warning remains in effect until 6 pm today
- Flood Watch remains in effect through Tuesday afternoon
- Coastal Flood Warning remains in effect from 3 pm today until 1 pm Tuesday
- Winds from the Northeast increasing to 40-55 mph by 2 pm today, with gusts of 65-75 mph inland and 75-85 mph along the coast.
- The winds will remain strong until Tuesday afternoon.
- 10" of rain is expected to fall by the time this event is over.
- Moderate to heavy rain will continue through the day into tonight.
- Storm surge is still expected to be 2'-4'
- This surge will make the remaining high tides around 4' to 5' (this
includes the already expected tide).
- The Shelter at the Kent County Community is open and ready for anyone who needs it.
- The Public Information Line is 410-778-3864.
- Kent County Public Schools and Offices will be closed Tuesday.
- Washington College has canceled all classes and events for Tuesday.
- Maryland Fire & Rescue Institute has canceled classes for Tuesday.
- At this time no roads in the county are scheduled to be closed.
- If you do not have to travel on the roads today, please do not, especially after 12 noon when the winds and rains will be at their strongest.
- Delmarva Power/Pepco and Choptank Electric both have crews pre-positioned in the area to assist with any power outages.
High tide times for Monday & Tuesday:
- Chestertown: Monday- 8:18 pm; Tuesday- 8:06 am & 8:55 pm
- Millington: Monday- 9:38 pm; Tuesday- 9:26 am & 10:15 pm
- Sassafras River (Betterton): Monday- 10:02 pm; Tuesday- 9:50 am & 10:39 pm
- Tolchester Beach: Monday-7:49 pm; Tuesday- 7:37 am & 8:26 pm